If you've been shopping around and haven't looked into 3D massage chairs yet, it's good that you're here. It's important to weigh all the options before making your final decision.
You don't want to buy a massage chair only to find out later that you made the wrong choice. We try to lay out all of the features and benefits of a 3D massage chair so you can make an educated decision before you purchase.
3D massage technology is quite a leap forward compared to the older 2D models, due to being able to control the pressure of the massage. Now let's dig in and see exactly what type of benefits these chairs have to offer you.
What is a 3D Massage Chair?
The "D" in 3D stands for dimension and has to do with the way the back massage rollers travel to perform the massage.
With 3D technology, not only do the massage rollers go up, down, left and right, but they also go in and out for a much more effective massage. The old 2D technology is quickly being replaced with the more advanced 3D massage technology because of the more complete massage.
If you're looking for more of a custom massage tailored to your body type, a 3D massage chair is a worthy upgrade due to the advancements in technology and more complete massage. When shopping for a new massage chair, we feel you'll want the option to increase the pressure of the massage rollers, which is what 3D massage technology provides.
The Differences between 2D & 3D Massage Chairs
To understand the difference between 2D massage chairs and 3D ones, you need to know how a massaging chair works.
But first, you should watch this short video because it does a fantastic job of explaining the differences in an easy to follow manner.
Rollers and Tracks
Basically, massage chairs have 2 main components: the rollers and the track.Massage Chair Rollers
The quality and type of the massage you get are mainly controlled by the rollers, which are the components that perform the massage motions.
They move along a track in the chair, designed to massage specific areas in your body, where you most need it. The intensity and speed can be altered according to your preference in some chairs.
3D massage is typically found in high end massage chairs but the advanced technology doesn't always cost the same, as some massage chairs with this technology are very reasonably priced.
Massage Chair Tracks
There are two types of tracks in most massage chairs: S-track and L-track. The S-track focuses on areas from your neck to your tailbone area. The L-track is similar to the S-track, with the addition of reaching down to the buttocks and your upper hamstrings. The type of track signifies the amount of coverage you receive while in a massage chair.
3D Massage Chairs: Features and Benefits
2D massage chairs have two dimensions: up and down, left and right. The third dimension in a 3D massage chair is forward and backward.
This means that the 3D rollers in the chair can protrude into your back and retract. Thus giving you a more realistic and relaxing massage chair experience, similar to the one you'd get by the hands of a professional masseuse without the costly ongoing expenses.
If multiple people will be using the chair they can adjust the 3D massage in and out for just the right amount of pressure for each individual.
The intensity of the 3D massage is controlled by how deep the rollers can extend into your back. This can be customized according to preference and will vary between models. Most older massage chairs don't have the ability to do this because the massage technology is simply outdated.
- It allows you to have a deep tissue massage if that's what you're looking for.
- If the chair will be used by more than one person, this feature will be incredibly beneficial, as it's easily adjustable.
More Massage Coverage
3D massage chairs cover more parts of your body as the protruding rollers can put pressure on your upper neck and shoulders, which is an area previously neglected by older chairs.
- Neck and shoulder pain due to hours spent working away on your laptop can be easily relieved or eliminated.
- It also helps improve body posture.
Computer Body Scan
Another life-changing feature available in some 3D massage chairs is body-scanning. A computer scans your body and adjusts the massage to cater to your size, height, and shape.
- It gives you a more customized massage experience
- Adjusts according to the muscular structure of your body if it has changed from the previous session.
Best 3D Massage Chairs
Now we're going to talk about what we feel are some of the best 3D massage chairs on the market. You can get more information about each chair by clicking on the yellow button that says "click to learn more". You can also scroll to the bottom and look at more massage chairs with 3D technology.
Osaki Pro First Class
The Osaki Pro First Class is a space-saving massage chair and comes with a free 5 year extended warranty, which is always nice.
On top of the 3D technology, the First Class massage chair has foot massage, zero gravity, and Bluetooth capability as well.
More Features & Benefits:
- L-Track - This gives you more massage roller coverage. The rollers start at your neck and go all the way down to your glutes and upper hamstrings enhancing your overall massage experience.
- Full Body Air Massage - 24 airbags are situated throughout this chair for maximum coverage and effectiveness.
- Zero Gravity - This 3D massage chair has 2 stages of zero gravity positioning that you are sure to enjoy.
- Auto Massage Programs - The First Class has 23 auto massage programs for you to choose from.
Human Touch Novo XT2
The Novo XT2 has many desirable features and is a great massage chair.
The Novo XT2 is an SL-Track massage chair that is ideal for maximum massage coverage, the always popular zero gravity position, 3D massage technology, and so much more.
More Features & Benefits:
- Auto Programs - You'll enjoy the robust amount of auto programs this chair has to offer, 35 in total.
- Bluetooth Speakers - Who doesn't love Bluetooth these days...and it's even better in an amazing massage chair with premium speakers.
- Space Saver - Short on space? No problem. The Novo XT2 only needs 2" from the wall to be able to fully recline.
- Heat Therapy - You'll benefit from the heat in the lower lumbar area in this massage chair.
Luraco i7 Plus
The Luraco i7 Plus is another top of the line massage chair with many useful features including 3D massage technology.
The i7 Plus has foot rollers that will help soothe your aches and pains after a long day, and Bluetooth-capable speakers so you can listen to your favorite music.
More Features & Benefits:
- Full Body Heat - The Back, Seat & Feet areas are equipped with heat which is great for loosening those stiff muscles and creates a more relaxing 3D massage experience overall.
- Leather At All Touch Points - Enjoy Real Genuine Leather in the Head, Shoulders, Arms & Feet areas.
- Full Body Air Massage - 100 air cells are placed throughout this chair for your maximum benefit.
- Noise Reduction Technology - Makes the i7 Plus one of the quietest massage chairs in the industry.
- Many Intensity Settings - The i7 Plus allows you to adjust the intensity of the airbags and back rollers.
- Memory Settings - Up to 5 personal user memory settings so the whole family can enjoy it.
If you're looking to buy a massage chair for your health or leisure needs, it's recommended that you invest in at least a 3D massage chair. Even though it's a little more expensive compared to 2D models, the 3D massage you'll get can make you forget all about the money you paid for it.
It’s also especially valuable if you suffer from chronic illnesses, such as pain and migraines, that require you to see a therapist regularly. Having a massage chair at home can help save you that hassle.
Massage chairs certainly aren't a cure-all, and if you have any pre-existing medical conditions you should consult your doctor before using one.
We hope you're more informed now and feel more confident about a potential purchase.
Thank you for shopping with us, we would love to earn your business. If you have any questions you can speak with one of our experts via Live Chat, or Call Us at 800-566-2798.